"Strength is derived from unity. The range of our collective vision is far greater when individual insights become one." - Andrew Carnegie

Friday, January 27, 2012

Rhi Flying Solo

2011 was a wonderfully crazy, busy year. We thoroughly enjoyed our business, which seems to be growing my leap and bounds. Thank you all for sharing your memories, yourselves and your families with us.
Photography started out as a hobby for me. I loved to look through a lens knowing that I have the potential to turn something beautiful into something glorious. Eventually, I wasn't the only one that loved the images I was able to create, and people began volunteering to be my subjects- and they wanted to pay me for it! Get paid for something I love to do? Yes, please! That's when I created my own business, which ultimately merged with Rhiannon Urquhart Photography to create RhiLi Photography. The whole experience has gone above and beyond what I could have imagined.
While I have enjoyed the ride, it's begun to require more sacrifice than I am willing to give. Being a stay at home mom is my priority. My children are growing older, and are involved in several sports and activities. We have so little time at home as a family now, and I feel like I am often rushing off and missing those times we could be spending together. Occasionally I have even had to miss a game or performance to attend a previously scheduled shoot, and it just breaks my heart. I love photography, but I can't allow it to interfere with raising my children & being there for them every step of the way.
I will still be a part of RhiLi Photography, but Rhiannon will be doing almost all sessions solo. I will still be attending all weddings, but only the occasional session beyond that.
Thank you for everything, and please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Lisa